Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Moving Right Along

Caine has been back to his happy, fun-loving self. He is running around and goofing off with his dog friends. His fur is growing in again where it was shaved for the feeding tube and various IVs. The new fur is very soft! He is not drooling as much, at least I don't think. He drools right before he eats and when his food is being prepared. Right now, he gets wet food mixed with dry food that has been soaked in water. My mom mixes this by hand and he salivates like crazy!

Every now and then he will grab a piece of Roxie's dry food, just one piece, and then it just gets stuck in his mouth. He will slobber and chew but it just seems to fuse to the roof or bottom of his mouth. We usually have to go in with a wet paper towel and wipe it out. We do this anyway after he eats to get out the pieces and make sure his mouth is clean. Then we go over his teeth and gums with the wipes.

He has a new routine now. Instead of eating first and going outside, he will eat then come back to bed with me. He's too cute. Then he'll get up with me and start his day. It's amazing what a little ball he can curl up into.

We are going to take Caine to get weighed again because he's been eating really well. He will eat 4 cups of dog food (wet and dry mixed) and then sometimes I'll give him an extra half can of Evangers dog food, which he likes, and is all organic.

We are so proud! He also came to visit my work (a school) and met some teachers. They've heard all about him but finally got a chance to see him and give him some loving. He tried to kiss them and hug them. They all thought that he was just beautiful and so gentle. I really am fortunate that he is such a good natured dog. If he weren't, I'm not sure he would have had such a successful story.

Last night I was checking my e-mail and I had a message from a freelance writer. She writes for DogFancy, and would like to have a story about Caine in their June issue! We are so excited for him. The more people who know about this, the better. The interview is tomorrow and then we'll just have to wait.







2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK ON THE INTERVIEW. I'M REALLY VERY HAPPY FOR CAINE. I ALWAYS CHECK UP FOR NEW PICTURES AND UPDATE. WHAT AN AMAZING DOG. GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY.I WISH I GET TO MEET HIM ONE DAY T00. I WILL LOOK FORWARD IN GETTING THAT ISSUE IN JUNE.

    BRENDA640

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking for updates. I haven't seen any since February. I will be looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete